Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Strange...Strangers

Lately I have been pondering the merits of publishing again...there is a significant benefit in doing so using more than 140 characters. The downside is, of course, the random stalker factor. The Alinsky left is so filled with vituperation and hatred, and so willing to use any means necessary to justify the achievement of their end, that one tends not to want to draw their personal attention. As I mentioned to my husband the other day, conservative women seem to be bigger targets than anyone else. I’ve seen the constant barrage of repulsive, vitriolic attacks against Michelle Malkin and Sarah Palin; I cannot imagine what they must face every day.

In what world has it become acceptable to post a caricature of Sarah Palin and John McCain engaged in a sex act? In whose mind is this legitimate political discourse? This type of behavior is abhorrent, and the people who engage in it as well as those who tolerate it, are contemptible. The irony is that these are the same people expounding upon tolerance and diversity, and demanding that we embrace the political correctness of gay marriage.

I have been surprised, also, at the remarkable volume of misinformation and false statements made by the tolerant left. I don’t mind being quoted—in fact, I rather enjoy it. However, if a person quotes me, I expect him to have the intellectual integrity to do so honestly, and not to assert that I hold positions I have not espoused. Unfortunately, that seems to be the exception, rather than the norm. The left seems to take pleasure in misstating, misquoting, and misrepresenting conservative positions based upon their own needs and not upon facts in evidence. That is one of the reasons I have decided to resume blogging. If you wish to vilify me, please do so based upon my actual statements or positions and not upon false assertions, misinterpretations, or comments taken out of context.

No comments: